Community Info FAQ

How do I find phone numbers and addresses for community groups?

You can type in the organization you are looking for in the ‘find’ field in the Community Information Database.

Where do I get a new health card, birth certificate, or passport?

Service Ontario provides new health cards and birth certificates in Guelph. For passports, you can travel to Kitchener and visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada passport office to pursue the quickest means. You can also submit a passport application by mail or visit a Canada Post receiving agent, like the Post Office at 88 Wyndham Street North in Downtown Guelph.

What are the accessible transportation options in Guelph and Wellington County?

There are many different transportation services available in Guelph and Wellington County. Accessing these services depends on the criteria of each program.

Who provides waste management resources and where can I pick up compost?

In Guelph, the Waste Resource Innovation Centre is your source for discarding waste, recycling and picking up compost for your garden. In Wellington County, the Waste Facilities operate one active landfill site and five transfer stations that take almost any material that a landfill will take, but in smaller quantity.

What are the locations and hours of the closest Walk-in-Clinic to me?

We have information on local medical walk-in-clinics including their address, phone number, hours and a brief description of their services. You can find this information here. 

What neighbourhood groups exist near me?

You can find our listing of neighbourhood groups and information about their boundaries, activities and contact information here.

I cannot find the information I am looking for. Now what?

We can help you find the information you need. Email us and start the conversation, or give us a call at 519-821-0632. An information referral specialist is available 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. If you call outside of those times, you can always leave us a message.